Wednesday, May 27, 2009

coOkiE crAviNGs

um, we like cookies. for mother's day we made a variety of cookies for my grandma. plus also we made some more. :)

classic choc chip cookies



1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. crisco (or oil, but i prefer crisco)
2 eggs
2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. each: salt, soda, powder and vanilla
1 1/2 c. choc chips

cream crisco and sugars. add eggs and the rest. (i told you i'm lazy.)

ungreased pan in a preheated 375 oven for 8-10. makes 3 dozen.

let me pass my wisdom on to you (oh i'm such a riot!). i learned something in home ec (thanks mrs. cook!) that i think is so handy to know. whenever a recipe calls for crisco or peanut butter-- whatever the measurement is, first i put an egg in there and swirl it around. and of course i use the egg! sillies. but ya, that just makes it so the crisco or p.b. doesn't stick to the measuring cup. clever!

2 comments:

  1. Very clever indeed! I am so glad you are back to the drawing board Allison. Hope all is well......I am thinking of you and checking in to see your receipes! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison where are you? I hope all is well...come on back...

    over and out!

    ReplyDelete